20 August 2013
- The increase in the Property IQ Value Index for Auckland property continues to be substantially more than the national increase.
- Increases in Christchurch rents have been more than triple the national increase in the year from July 2012 to July 2013.
- Increases in house prices in Hamilton and Wellington City are below the national average.
- Home ownership affordability is has improved by 3.7% in the year to May 2013
- Rental affordability has deteriorated by 1.8% in the year to June 2013.
Last Updated: 20 August 2013
Source: Ministry Or Business Innovation & Employment