Purchasing an investment property in New Zealand is easy, but making a smart investment decision that maximises your potential profit requires a lot of homework. Before you purchase a house, terrace unit or apartment in New Zealand, you should thoroughly research and understand the local market. This includes studying the changing demographics of the area, becoming familiar with factors affecting supply and demand i.e. population growth rates, and anticipating any impending changes to council or government legislation.
When purchasing New Zealand investment property as a non-resident; you need to think about the following:
- What are my on-going tax obligations?
- Will I have to pay a capital gains tax on my New Zealand property?
- How much will New Zealand Banks lend me?
- Will I be eligible for a multi-currency loan in my own country?
- Will I need to liaise with any professionals when purchasing New Zealand real estate?
- Do I need to be aware of other tax implications?
- Will I require a lawyer or registered valuer to purchase New Zealand real estate?
As an overseas investor you want your investment to be both rewarding and uncomplicated with no unwanted surprises. We are able to achieve this through our range of services and professional insight and knowledge of property in New Zealand.
Our administration package is designed to assist an overseas investor enter the New Zealand market in confidence. Click here to receive the more information on our administration service.
New Zealand Property Solutions understand purchasing a property can be an anxious time for many buyers. Our years of experience, research and support make the purchase process simple and easy for you to purchase property in New Zealand.