How can we help?
We believe the New Zealand property market offers many exciting opportunities.
New Zealand Property Solutions can save you not only time and money, we can help you make a wise investment for your future. To move your property investment portfolio forward, get in touch with us now.
For an investment property, supply and demand of tenants is critical. We focus our attention on sourcing property in the inner city and city fringe properties where rental demand is strong. We always strive to maximise outcomes for our clients. New Zealand Property Solutions has current property opportunities available for you to view and purchase.
» Click here to review our current NZ investment property opportunities
Buying a New Build Property
Buying a property that is yet to be built requires legal representation. Most buying contracts follow a standard procedure however engaging a lawyer/solicitor who's experienced in all facets of New Zealand property law brings confidence to any buying process.
Below are the general steps taken to Purchase a new build property
- Our experienced team are here to guide you through the purchasing process. We’ve designed it to be straightforward and transparent, so that you can be confident while making your purchase
- Choose your preferred property.
- Sign your contract. Most contracts have a 5-business day cooling off period so that you can do your due diligence and make sure the property is right for you before you make your final buying decision. Your lawyer will receive a copy of the contract and review it during this due diligence period to ensure they are confident in the paperwork.
- Once you confirm your purchase you will be required to pay your 10% deposit. This money is held secure in a lawyer’s Trust Account until it’s time for settlement.
- Now with all the hard work done, it’s time to sit back and watch as the build progresses. You’ll get regular updates from our team on how it’s all progressing.
- Get ready for settlement. Make sure your financing is in place and talk to your lawyer, so that everything goes smoothly on settlement day.
Once the build is complete and settlement is taken care of, the keys are yours.
Managing a NZ Property
Just as important as buying the right property is effective and efficient management of the property. An investor not only wants to maximise long-term capital growth potential but also wants to maximise the weekly cash flow and tax position.
Property managers are the most convenient way for an overseas investor to deal with all the day-to-day property management issues. Property managers promote and advertise your property, find and approve tenants, submit bond application forms and write the lease agreements. They'll also look after any maintenance issues such as repairs to a leaky tap or appliances. They send frequent consolidated reports illustrating all cash inflows and outflows and take the hard work out of maintaining your property.
We ensure that all of our recommended property managers meet the following criteria:
- Experience with overseas clients
- Below market vacancy rates
- Experienced staff members
- Competitive fees
- Comprehensive services
- Consistent rent reviews and routine inspections of your property
The main type of insurance cover required for an investment property is contents, building and landlords insurance.
New Zealand Property Solutions have undertaken detailed research of all the insurance companies and can provide the information and applications for your convenience.
Purchasing an investment property is relatively easy, but making a smart investment decision that maximises your potential profit requires a lot of homework. Before you purchase a house, townhouse or apartment, you should thoroughly research and understand the local market. This includes studying the changing demographics of the area, becoming familiar with factors affecting supply and demand i.e. population growth rates, and anticipating any impending changes to council or government legislation.
New Zealand Property Solutions understand purchasing a property can be an anxious time for many buyers. Our years of experience, research and support make the purchase process simple and easy for you to purchase property in New Zealand.
New Zealand Property Solutions is licenced through the Real Estate Agents Authority and a proud member of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand and adheres to strict Professional Conduct and Client Care Practice Rules. These are outlined in the Code of Conduct 2012 which can be downloaded here. Our consultants are regularly educated about changes in the industry to bring our clients the most professional service possible.
Banking and Finance
One of the greatest advantages of buying property is the ability to leverage your investment, in other words, using debt to help pay for the property. Banks regard property as a sound source of collateral, and often are willing to lend up to 80-90% of the purchase price for eligible borrowers.
We have many different lending institutions, creating a competitive mortgage environment. Banks and other lenders often change their lending criteria, so you may need our help to ensure you find the most cost effective and flexible loan.
New Zealand Property Solutions recommends you speak to your mortgage broker now to seek the best possible advice as they have access to all the major banks and an array of financing options